Jesus Saves Missionary Baptist Church was organized on July 29, 1979, at the home of our Founding Pastor, Elder W. E. Whitfield.
Several names were put before the group and the name of Jesus Saves Missionary Baptist Church was chosen. Our church was incorporated in May of 1980.
We initially held service at the Concord Community Center on West 19th Avenue in Gary. On February 22, 1981, we purchased and moved into our present location at 464 Roosevelt Street.
After moving into our new church home, with the blessings of the Lord and the foresight of our Pastor, we were able to burn the mortgage in two years. The Lord also gave our Pastor the vision to start a bus ministry that served our community for many years providing both short and long-distance trips. Although the bus ministry is no longer in operation we are grateful for the many years that we were able to provide the service to our community and for the many memorable trips that we enjoyed.
Pastor Whitfield faithfully served Jesus Saves for over 42 years until the Lord saw fit to call him to his heavenly home on February 6, 2022. He was a man of wisdom and vision. He ensured that the church and his legacy would continue by appointing his daughter, Evangelist Cassandra Davis, as Co-Pastor in 2011. She was installed as Pastor on May 8, 2022.
We welcome all visitors and invite you to become a part of the Jesus Saves church family. Feel free to contact us at 219-885-5854 or Pastor Davis at 219-883-1211.